Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Welcome to Manual

For awhile now, everyone in the photography group I am in, have been talking about shooting in manual and how it's so great. I never really thought much of it and figured my shots were just as good in the sport setting. Well, yesterday, I realized just how WRONG I have been!! I was just messing around with my camera yesterday while the pups were napping and I realized how hazy my photos were turning out. Just to see how things would change, I switched my camera into manual mode and quickly saw just how different the shots looked when I was actually using the right settings!! It's safe to say, once you go manual, it's very hard to go back!

The only problem with manual shooting is movement….as long as you have a quick enough shutter speed, the blur isn't noticeable. However, when you start needing a tripod…that's when manual becomes sort of a pain. So sometimes, shooting with the settings on your camera can help you get a shot especially when the situation you're in, isn't ideal for a tripod to stabilize the camera.

Enjoy the selection below. These might be some of my favorite photos I have ever taken, or at least in a long time. The black and white one of Lumen and Hannah sleeping is probably my favorite from the bunch. Really captures just how sweet Lumen really is. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment