Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Calm Before the Storm

It has been one of those days where the rain has come and gone. Anyone with dogs really dreads rain because that means our precious babies are cooped up in the house all day. Luckily we had a break in the rain earlier and I was able to drag the girls outside to play ball and release some of their bottled up energy.

Before we went outside, I started taking some photos inside since the lighting wasn't awful and I wanted to take the opportunity since it doesn't come around often. Lumen (the White Shepard) was sleeping on the floor just far enough away from me that my macro lens could focus on her. She was semi sleeping but knew I was taking photos of her. The best part about Lu is that she tolerates me taking her photo and rarely moves! I had a vision of what I wanted to capture, but it just wasn't really working out. Of course once I was about to probably get the shot I wanted, Hannah decided she needed to lay near Lumen and was totally in the way of my amazing shot! Of course I couldn't make Hannah move because then Lumen would move, so I had to be creative! I ended up shooting from the couch over Hannah to get to Lumen behind her. Luckily the photos turned out pretty well.

Remember how I wanted to do a before and after shot? Well last time I tried the photo really wasn't the best to do that with but I think I still got the point across. This time however, I have the perfect photo for a before and after! Since I was shooting over Hannah to get to Lumen, part of Hannah's back was in the shot I had of Lumen in the corner. In the camera the photo looked kind of cool, but once I opened it in Photoshop, I realized that it looked like I had a black blob in the corner of my photo….UGH! Luckily Photoshop is so amazing and has all these great tools to help get rid of that kind of stuff!

Before 

After 
As you can see in the photos, I cloned out the black and made it look like the floor. Unfortunately, this is not my best work with cloning….now that they are side by side I can really see it. However, I worked on it for so long that I just had to move on.

The rest of the photos below are also from this afternoon. Enjoy the selection below. Check out the crazy big paws Lu has below too.





No comments:

Post a Comment