Monday, July 14, 2014

Let's Catch Up

Wow! I can not believe it has been over a month since I last blogged! The even sadder part about that, is I really haven't picked up my camera in that time frame either. Last month I did take some family photos, but not everyone is on social media so I didn't post them to protect their privacy!

So much has happened this last month! School started, the weather started getting amazingly nice, and the pups have been going through some intense training. Because of all of this going on, I haven't had much time to pick up my camera! No excuses, I know!! So, here is my post that is LONG over due! I finally got two days in a row off from work and school so I decided I better get my camera out and use the time to get some photos.

Lately, I have felt that when I take photos of the dogs, they all turn out the same. Same photo, different day. So, I have joined a couple of photography groups on Facebook that let photographers from all walks of experience share their photos and have strangers comment on them. Unfortunately, since I haven't taken photos in so long, I haven't had the chance to really post on there. Luckily that can change now!

For a while now, I have wanted to do a before and after part on this. However, I never really had a photo that showed the amount of work I did to it. I decided to just bite the bullet and try it on here. The photos below aren't the ideal photo for a before and after, but there is enough of a difference to show.


Before 
After 
For these photos, there is really only one setting that I changed. The setting Levels, I upped the lighting and created contrast with the blacks. Instead of the photo being more gray, there is now a contrast between the different colors. 

Often most of the photos taken only need a little adjustment. However, sometimes I get a photo that needs a lot of work and I often really enjoy the challenge. However, when I started taking these photos, I started taking these photos at about noon when the sun was way to bright. The first half of these photos have awful lighting and aren't even editable! Later that day, I went back out and got much better results with the lighting. Enjoy the rest of the collection below:





No comments:

Post a Comment