Friday, July 31, 2015

Tell Me a Story- July

Summertime has to be one of my favorite times of the year. Despite the hot weather and humid air, it is so nice to be able to go outside. June was a record breaking month here in Ohio, where we got so much rain. Often too much rain that you couldn't go outside. Heartbreaking for the German shepherds. However, when the rain stopped and the sun came out, it was always so beautiful outside and perfect picture taking weather. 



I love letting Hannah and Lumen play in their baby pool. They love being able to cool off in the heat and I love trying to capture the water drops. They challenge me often when I try to get these photos because they don't do the same thing twice. It's hard when you want to get a certain shot but the models don't speak the same language. Luckily, I got this one. I love the drop next to Hannah's head, how they are just floating there.


Earlier in June, I saw a post of Facebook about how someone did a thirty minute challenge, where you take photos of the same thing for thirty minutes and see what the outcome is. I was not planning on trying the photo challenge, but on a particularly sunny afternoon, the girls and I had just come inside from playing ball and for the first time ever, Hannah just laid on the couch. I had already been taking photos of her earlier in the day so my camera still was not put away. She seemed to understand what I was trying to do as I told her to "wait" as I grabbed my camera. I really wanted to be at Hannah's level, so I sat on the group as I tried to get a couple of photos. It wasn't until I had snapped a few photos that Hannah moved to get more comfortable...or maybe change poses, I'm convinced she knew what I was doing. After she moved, that's when I decided to see if I could do the thirty minute photo challenge. Below is the collection I have of Hannah laying on the couch, the order of these photos has not been changed, this is how many times my beast decided to reposition.


I love this one, she closed her eyes as if she was saying "I can't see you so you can't see me"






I wish I could know what she was thinking sometimes when she is just watching the world around her




Please keep the circle going by visiting: Stacey Markel Photography | Maryland Family & Child Photographer

3 comments:

  1. Love those flower shots. I'm partial to flower photography! Love the dog too. Looks like you wore her out playing outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love your dogs, and these photos are beautiful. I love the second one with her eyes closed. But I have to say I do love the flower photo's as well. Especially the first one. Great share this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great flower shots Emily.. it's been a beautiful summer in Ohio so far!

    ReplyDelete