Monday, August 31, 2015

Tell me a Story- August

My oh my, has August just flown by. I can not believe that we are entering September and fall is on it's way. August was a slow yet incredibly fast paced month. This month, I said good bye to my baby girl Hannah (the black and tan shepherd) she and my aunt are in Arizona for 16 weeks doing a traveling nurse job. It was really hard at the beginning of the month trying to adjust without having a second dog.

Lucky for me, my neighbor started traveling for work and asked me to watch his dogs for him while he was gone. It was a nice little distraction from missing Hannah and my aunt. My neighbor SK (for short) just rescued a dog he found while he was working on a job. She had been chained to a pole and left. Luckily SK has an incredibly large heart and decided to take her home with him and give her a good life. However, after cleaning her up and giving her some love, SK realized she was a lot of work. So, he asked for some help . . .

Meet Carli:


This beautiful girl is a 6ish month old Silver Lab/ Weimaraner mix who is about as sweet as puppies get. She is a ball of energy yet loving and cuddly. She made me work hard for this photo above, I had been trying for about a week to try and get it after seeing a similar looking piece online. Carli is quickly reminding me how much I forgot how much work a puppy can be. I promised SK that I would find her a good home with people I know who would take really good care of her. Until then, Carli will be mine. So far, I am enjoying the time and focusing on training. 


Before I had taken Carli in to my home, Lu and I had a little bit of "us" time to spend together. She really enjoys the time her and I get to spend together and it reminds me when it is just me and her how much she loves me and how sweet she is. One of my favorite traits about Lu is that she loves to wear bandanas. For Lu's whole life I have been putting them on her and trying to find her "color." After about 30+ bandanas, I found the perfect color for my girl.


The lighting the night I took these photos of Lu was really great. It was a soft evening lighting that I just couldn't pass up.


I love this shot of her whiskers as she was looking to see what was happening in the world around her. Reminds me of her soft, sensitive side that makes me fall in love with her a little more every day.

Please keep the circle going by visiting: Balancing Bedlam

4 comments:

  1. Love the shot of the whiskers. I want to reach out and touch them. The first pic of Carli is also great. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puppy is gorgeous. Love her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful capture. Looks like the puppy is enjoying the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that your pup has gone away. I hope it will be back soon. This puppy is gorgeous and if it has the Lab personality it will be a great addition to any home. And I do like Lu's choice of color. Just beautiful. I love the first image so much.

    ReplyDelete