Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tell Me a Story- June

While I'm sure by now everyone is sick of seeing photos of Hannah and Lu, I can not help but capture them each month. Some days I feel like a new mother and want to capture photos of them all the time because when they get old I want to remember their younger days. I never want to forget Hannah's energy or her passion to play with her ball outside. I never want to forget Lu's sweet and sensitive personality along with her love for people. So at the beginning of this month when we had been experiencing a ton of rain, the girls were getting stir crazy having to be in the house all day I was excited when I got home from work and there was a break in all the rain. Hannah was dying to get outside and I really wanted to get some photos of her in the puddles.


Anytime I ever want Hannah to cooperate with me taking photos, I have to give in and play for a little bit first. I'm convinced Hannah has so much energy that she doesn't even know where to begin to try and channel it. I firmly believe she has to get a certain amount out in order to function and behave correctly during the day. While I played ball with Hannah, Lu was running along side her just happy to be outside.


That might be one of the one million things I really love about Lu. She is perfectly happy to just run next to Hannah while Hannah always gets the ball. Another one of my favorite things about Lu is that she loves to wear bandannas. Like she actually loves to wear them, she picks out which one she wants to wear for the week and is never bothered by them. Hannah is much different with them, she pretty much hates them but tolerates and humors me when I force her to wear one. However, since Hannah hates wearing the bandannas, she normally tries to rip them off of Lumen. About a month ago I was telling my friend B about that and she ended up making Lu a bandanna that goes through her collar so Hannah can't rip it off. B is so great when it comes to making things, she actually has her own business Bizzyb Crafts. She makes headbands and scarves mostly and they are really cute! If you want to check out her website with her products click here.


A couple months ago I had the chance with the perfect lighting to practice taking some shadow shots of Lu. After the rain, the lighting was still pretty great, so I wanted to see if I could get some photos of the girls reflections and shadows in the big puddles that filled the parking lot. Lu was more interested in running around than to sit still for me, but after a few minutes of playing ball, Hannah was willing it work with me a little bit! 


I'm really happy with how the photos with the water turned out a look forward to the next rain to try and get some more.

Please keep the circle going by visiting: Stacey Markel Photography | Maryland Family & Child Photographer

5 comments:

  1. Emily - I love your dogs. They are so beautiful. The photo's with the reflections are awesome. My favorite is the second one from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the reflections and captures. I loved the last one with the ripples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree your dogs are beautiful. I liked all the photos but my fav is the last one also.. thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last shot as well as the other reflection shots. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! My favorite is the 2nd to last one!

    ReplyDelete