Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Night Shooting

One of my most favorite things to do is shoot photos at night! Something about the patience you need and the fine detail that comes with it makes me love it. Here in Ohio, we either get a lot of snow or just a dusting. It just so happens that tonight, mother nature decided that Ohio was due for more than a dustings worth of snow. I've always loved snow simply because it makes everything just a little more beautiful. Have you ever noticed the sky when it's snowing? The sky has this great purple tint to it that is almost impossible to capture! Night shooting also requires a little more experimenting than normal, I find myself adjusting my aperture and exposure time more often than I do normally. I love being able to upload the photos and see the differences side by side (one of the best part about Adobe Bridge). Of course I was outside freezing my butt off for a good half an hour and really only have one photo that I liked, but truthfully I call that success! Thought I would share the original, the worked on, then the final product below. Check them out! (and yes, this time I saved them in JPEG so they upload!)
Original 

Edited, but notice how the snow has a tint to it
from the evening light

Final product 

No comments:

Post a Comment