Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

As Christmas festivities may be quieting down, I can only hope that everyone had an amazing Christmas time with their family and friends. This Christmas I got to spend it with all of my family which is the biggest present of all! Christmas is the one time of year that everyone is home at once!! One of the other greatest gifts I got this Christmas was a new macro lens for my camera! If you don't know what macro is, it is the ability to capture amazing details with a SUPER close up zoom! One of the major things I have noticed since having my new lens for a solid 24 hours (hello...we all know I have been playing with it nonstop!) is that there is a HUGE learning curve when working with it! While macro lenses are amazing for close ups and fine details, they are not so great for standard portraits. Obviously the more detail one wants in a photo, the more light they are going to have to use. However, that is where the problem comes in with macro lenses and portraits. Since you can only capture so much detail in a person, the lens often over exposes the person in the photo while making the details in the back much crisper. Like I said, there is a large learning curve that I will need to adjust to!

Today I played taking portraits of my sister Colleen as well as some nature close ups. I was so so amazed right away with how much clearer the photos I was taking were right off the bat! After I was done taking the pictures outside, I came in and did a little editing before family came over. Right away I needed to adjust levels, curves, and exposure to the portraits to make Colleen not look over exposed. I'm excited to keep practicing and learning how to keep the lighting correct.

(**Guess who learned how to make the photos on the blogpost larger!!) 
LOVE THE CLARITY 

Is this not amazing?! This is taken from 10-15 feet away just using my zoom! LOVE THIS LENS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment