Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tell Me a Story-September Circle

September means the last days of summer and the first days of fall. With the nights coming quicker and the days getting cooler, I was excited to get the chance to photograph a local sun flower field. The sun flowers were planted in July and began to bloom at the end of August and beginning of this month. The sun flowers were planted for childhood cancer and apart of the group Prayers for Maria. The field is planted along the local highway and seen by everyone. I have been wanting to go to the field for about a week now and just haven't had time to go. Luckily I was able to sneak away between classes today for about an hour and grab some photos of the beautiful flowers growing.


The field stretches far along the highway just grabbing the attention of everyone passing by. Part of me wishes I would have made time to go to the field a week before I did, because when I got there most of the flowers were dying, but many still standing tall. 

One of the many things I am grateful for with my photography, is my amazing macro lens. I rarely even change the lens when I'm not shooting things I want details with simply because I really just love the lens. Allows me to capture the details in these beautiful flowers. 

While walking throughout the field, it was noticeable that the flowers standing tall were standing for those children with cancer who are still fighting. A very moving feeling while being amongst the flowers.

For those of you who are more interested in learning or donating about the prayers for Maria foundation, please visit their website by clicking here
 Thanks for taking a walk through the sun flower field with me. One day hopefully these beautiful flowers can be planted in memory of kicking not only childhood, but all kinds of cancer in the butt and let it be a reminder for those still fighting and those survived and pasted that this battle is never easy. Pray for those who need it.

Please continue the circle and visit Colleen Putman Photography



6 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers planted for a beautiful reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers and I love your POV......Cancer sucks......it's especially heartbreaking in a child to me.....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the POV in your images, especially the second one in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photos of the sunflowers :) and i love the meaning behind the field!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Emily, what gorgeous images. Seems like we both went for macro. The photos are stunning, and the story behind the field is just beautiful. Cancer hurts so many people and this is a beautiful reminder that in amongst the heartbreak of cancer there is beauty that is signified by this field. Thank you for sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete