Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Melting Period

So my last post was really short and I have been pretty crazed since I took those photos at the lake. The weather has been really warm lately here. We went from below zero temps to almost 50 degrees by the weekend. Yesterday, my grandparents were going over for diner and I was going a little stir crazy, so I had about thirty minutes until they came over so, I called Mandy, my friend from the previous post, and we went to the lake to take some photos. The lighting was terrible and the wind was screaming so it wasn't exactly the best conditions to take photos in. I quickly realized that almost all the photos were blurry and it was a waste of a trip. This actually, was the first time I was disappointed in my camera. The problem is, the lower the lighting the longer your exposure which means you need a lower aperture  to capture more detail. However, since my camera is a beginners camera, it is only a 14 mexapixel camera so I am starting to notice in bad lighting very grainy photos. This weekend I am headed to Chicago to visit my sister and I am hoping to take some photos of her and her boyfriend at their local park...hopefully with great natural lighting!! Here are the only couple of photos I could get that turned out ok. I'm not super happy with any of them, but they are the best they could be with the lighting I had.
I'm aware at the terrible quality, but I love when the ducks are there! 

LOVE the faint sunset from behind the fog 

This one is my fav

No comments:

Post a Comment