Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tell me a story- January

I was really bummed to have missed last month's blog circle but with the holidays and family, I had no time to get to the camera or the blog! In the middle of last month, my sister got engaged . . . finally!! After dating her boyfriend for six years, they are finally planning on getting married! They made the trip back after the holidays to Cleveland to look at some venues and we also took a little bit of time to get some engagement photos!


We decided to go down to the local lake to take some photos. Since it was the middle of January it was definitely cold but they really were troopers and passed through it!


This is the first time I have ever taken engagement photos for someone and I was really excited it got to be for my sister. We are going to take some more in the spring in Chicago where they live, but the first round turned out really well we think! More than likely their wedding photographer will also have an engagement photo shoot for them, but part of me is curious to see how our pictures differ.


Isn't that ring beautiful?! Matt did an amazing job picking out a ring for my sister. We are looking forward to getting some photos of just the ring, but looking for ideas on how to make it pop....not that that thing needs to!


I'm so excited for you two! Congrats and let's get the wedding planning on!!!

Please keep the circle going by visiting: Sharleen N Stuart Photography / South Florida Photographer

2 comments:

  1. What a great post this month Emily. Congratulations to your sister and her fiance'. I wish them the very best for their future together. I love the last photo, but the hands come a close second. The beautiful smile in the last photo is what grabs my attention. A very special time. I look forward to the wedding photo's. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple! My favorite picture is of their hands and that gorgeous ring, framed beautifully by the blue jeans! Congrats to them both!

    ReplyDelete