Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tell Me a Story- March

Hard to believe that February passed by in the blink of an eye and so has March. On St. Patrick's day the weather here was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining and it was a nice early evening to take some photos. The best part about the evening was that I got to my aunt's house expecting her and Hannah, the other GSD, to be there, but instead they were not and I got a little bit of alone time outside with Lumen.

The evening sun that was coming through the trees that night was perfect for playing with shadows. While Lu isn't the best model because she can't stand still for longer than three seconds, I still wanted to practice working with shadows with the perfect lighting.


I had been looking online at how photographers were using their sun glares in photos and I was really excited when I started to notice them in some of my shots. I know the one I got isn't exactly how it is suppose to be done, but I am still learning about how to get the perfect amount of glare in the photos while still making it look artistic.

I really enjoyed the hour alone Lu and I got to spend together. She even got to visit her best little friend the one and a half year old girl who lives across from us. Seeing how much Lu loves her makes me realize just how good of a dog Lu can be. After the neighbors walk, she came back and brought me and Lumen a flower. It happened to be perfect to get a couple shots of as well. I cherish the alone time Lu and I get to have together. I hope she knows someday how much she means to me.


Please keep the circle going by visiting: Balancing Bedlam



10 comments:

  1. I love your dog and glad you got some alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dog (and flower) photos. One of my dogs is photogenic the other is not, so taking good photos is always a challenge.
    I like the idea of using sunglasses in photos. May have to try that trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shadows in the second pic and your use of light in these. I do think she is a photogenic dog because she sure is beautiful. What kind of breed? Is she a white shep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, she is a white German shepherd. The sweetest dog I think I have ever owned. She is photogenic only sometimes! I have plenty of out takes ;)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dog and great pics.. I love sun flare also...nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lu is a beautiful dog. I probably told you that we had a white German Shepherd when we lived in South Africa. Mica was a gorgeous dog as well. I love your first photo, and I love that you left a little flower at the end. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful dog! Looks like you have fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dog and nice photographs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dog and your use of light is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete